A pattern from Chellie Plummer of
5 Knots North
This hat is worked top down
Yarn: weight 4 "worsted"
Stitches used: Double Crochet, Front Post Double Crochet, Back Post Double Crochet.
dc double crochet
fp dc front post double crochet
bp dc back post double crochet
1. ch 5. Join with first st in ch to form a loop.
2. ch 2. 10 dc's in loop. Join. -10 sts-
3. ch 2. Two dc's in each st. Join. -20 sts-
4. ch 2. *one dc in first st, 2 dcs in next st* Repeat this around. Join. -30 sts-
5. ch 2. Two dcs in every third st. (1 dc in first st, 1 dc in 2nd st, 2 dc in 3rd st). Join. -40 sts-
6. ch 2. Two dcs in every 4th st. Join. -50 sts-
7. ch 2. Two dcs in every 5th st. Join. -60 sts-
8. ch 2. Two dcs in every 6th st. Join. -70 sts-
9. ch 2. dc in each st around. Join. -70 sts-
10. ch 2. dc in each st around. Join. -70 sts-
11. ch 2. dc in each st around. Join. -70 sts-
12. ch 2. fp dc in first st, bp dc in second st. Alternate fp and bp dc around. Join.
Rows 13-24: repeat row 12.
Once row 24 is complete...knot off, weave in ends, and there ya go! You have yourself the Lakeside Beanie!!!
This pattern can be adjusted to be as long as you want. If you would rather have a slouchier type beanie... Just keep adding more rows of fp/bp dcs.
If there are any questions please feel free to find me on Facebook at "5 Knots North". I do not go on this blog often and it is much quicker to reach me through Facebook!
Much love and have a wonderful day!